Barber Grooms Love of Books

"[Rueben Martinez] got the idea to open a bookstore inside his barbershop in 1993, after customers repeatedly borrowed his collection of 200 books...

"...Not long ago, Martinez got word by phone that he, along with 22 other Americans, would receive the celebrated [MacArthur Foundation] "genius grant," which amounts to a no-strings-attached gift of $500,000 over five years." --USA Today

I love this story. I hope you enjoy it, too. Nice to see some good news for a change. For more, check out PositivePress.com.

Wickedly Yours,
Fran

Comments

Callisto said…
We do need a bit of GOOD news don't we! There is so much bad news (and bad reporting) spewed forth by mainstream media, that most days I don't bother reading a paper and I rarely have the TV on (except children's shows).

So thanks for the link to Positive Press, I love the one about the 9 year old's brain tumour called Frank...
Fran Friel said…
I love Positive Press! I'm SO glad you like the idea. And "Frank," that was brilliant!

Fran