A Good Old Dog and An Apex Honor












Yammerage

Oh, you know how I love to yammer, but still it's been slim pickin's here at the blog while I've been working on my short story collection. And I'd like to thank you so much for your continued friendship and support even in my absence. You guys are amazing! I really do miss you all, and I want to take a moment to wish you a very Merry Christmas and brilliant holiday season with your friends and families. My husband and I are actually heading out of town for the holidays, so I won't be around the MySpace water cooler for a couple of weeks. We're off to Vegas for Christmas...no kidding. Yeah, I know, we're mad, but it's going to be fun, fun, fun! And with the freakin' snow and ice outside my window right now, I can't wait to escape.

While I'm away, I have a little present to offer - I'm VERY honored to be the Apex Digest Online Featured Author for December and with that comes a free vintage Friel story, "Under the Dryer," and a fun interview (fun for me, anyway ;-) ) I did with Apex publisher, Jason Sizemore (including my ghost confessions!).

"Under the Dryer" is a story I wrote for The Horror Library a couple of years back, so the writing isn't my sharpest ,but it's a good old tale that includes a very good old dog. I hope you enjoy it! Btw, I'm also very pleased to have a short story appearing in the print version of Apex Science Fiction and Horror Digest in 2008.

You can read "Under the Dryer" HERE.

And my latest Apex yammer (interview) HERE.


You can also access other Apex Online treats HERE (including the first chapter of Cherie Priest's latest novel, No Flesh Nor Feathers.

When I get back from the holidays, I've got some cover art to show you! Gruesome goodness from the wonderful artist, Billy Tackett.

Holiday Hugs to You All!

Wickedly Yours,
Fran Friel

Comments