"He don't know me very well, do he?" [Yada Health]

 http://favoritmovies.blogspot.com
Tweetie and Me
Sylvester always underestimated Tweetie, didn't he?  The little yellow guy seemed small and fragile, but he was so much more than he appeared to be.  Well, there's more to me, as well.  One of the many things you may not know about me is that for nearly two decades, I was in private practice as a holistic therapist.  I'm a graduate and former faculty member of the internationally renown, Barbara Brennan School of Healing.  Um, is that the first sound of readers stampeding for the door?  I understand---you've loved me for my good looks and nasty horror writing, right?  Not this airy-fairy crap.

Well, it's true.  I am a card carrying, tree-hugging, granola eating, holistic therapy practicing, SF/H/F writing wackjob, grasshopper (see I Am Not An Ant), but I hope you'll stick around despite my mad ways.  In fact, part of what has urged me to move into a broader range of blogging, is that I see so many people suffering these days, whether it's health, financial stress, or emotional upset.  The world just seems to be in crazyville overdrive, and I'd like to help whether to entertain and distract you for a few minutes, or provide a helpful resource.

Risky Business
I  know this goes against popular belief in the blogging world of narrowing ones focus/blogging topics, but I know stuff that might help my readers, and I feel like it would be selfish not to share.  Simple as that.  And I want you to share, too.  If you know something awesome, put it in the comments section, or email me if you're shy.

So, as you can see, part of my catalyst for expanding the Yada Feast into more "yada, yada," is to share what I know and what I discover that can help your life and your happiness.  As writers, readers, artists, IT people, or whatever your vocation, feeling better helps us do whatever we do, better. 

Amazing
Well, I've fluffed on enough about me.  What I wanted to share with you is a simple technique I learned about over a decade ago, but have only just begun to practice...and I would add, with amazing results.  The process is a meridian tapping exercise (similar to acupuncture) called EFT, or Emotional Freedom Technique.  It's excellent for reducing or eliminating physical pain and emotional disturbances, such as stress, depression, anger issues and anxiety.  It's been used extensively and very effectively for Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD) for Veterans.

The following video is mind-blowing, showing results of EFT for Vets with severe PTSD:



The process is simple and once you know the basics, you can jump right in.  There are thousands of sites and videos on the subject of EFT, but I'll provide a few of the essentials so you can know where to start.  The founder of the current practice of EFT is Gary Craig, who has recently retired and passed the reigns to his daughter.  Their site is jammed with excellent info:

EFT Home - EFT Universe - http://www.eftuniverse.com/

Excellent Videos - http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=8

Intro to Tapping (2011 Tapping World Summit) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O80txQ6MLFE

From http://bikerkid.glogster.com/tweety-pie/
TONIGHT!
One of reasons I posted this blog today is that tonight (October 3, 2011), a FREE teaching event begins--The Pain Relief World Summit 2011.  I've seen the intro and it looks excellent and would probably be a great intro for those just discovering this process.  So do have a look, even if you're a little bit curious.

The event covers four days and is available online FREE for the 24 hours following each day's seminar.  Follow the link for more info and to register (FREE): http://painreliefworldsummit.com/

If you register before 8PM EST tonight, you'll get an email link with a more in depth introduction.  Sorry, I didn't get this info to you sooner, but remember the seminar sessions will be free for 24 hours each day.  If you want access to the recordings after that, you'll have to pay (a reasonable fee) for the CDs or the downloadable version.

Judith Frost
I've been working with a great therapist who uses EFT in her sessions.  Because of my background with the therapeutic process and in the field of holistic medicine, I've seen and done a lot of personal work over the years.  EFT has, by far, been the most effective and lasting process I've ever experienced.  It's been a huge help with my depression--far more effective than anything else I've tried.  And for you writers and creative folk out there, EFT is awesome for writer's block!  I hope to teach a seminar on this subject sometime next year.

If EFT sounds interesting to you, and you happen to be looking for a therapist, give Judith Frost a call.  She's a superb and gifted licensed therapist.  Because of today's technologies, like Skype, she can work with you anywhere in the world.

So there you have it gang.  It's just a tiny bit of info, but hopefully it has whetted your appetite for more.  If you have any questions, just ask.  If I can't answer them, I'll do my best to find a person or a place where you can get them.

Enjoy the journey!

Wickedly Yours,
Fran Friel

Comments