Energy Vampires: Fact Versus Fiction













Where Are Your Vamps?
As you may know, I'm a bit of a treehugger, so I'm always looking for a little angle to help out on the environmental front (as well, as the wallet!). I've heard a lot about energy wasting devices in the house that should be unplugged, but I haven't been sure about the details. I found the following article this morning and it helped to shed a little light on the situation. Maybe it will be helpful to you, too:

Energy Vampires: Fact Versus Fiction

Or

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_conscious_consumer/50/energy-vampires-fact-versus-fiction.html

If you have any additional links or info to share on the subject, please post here. Thanks!

Wickedly Yours,
Fran Friel

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for the links. We have our coffee maker plugged into a power strip, which we switch off as soon as the caffeine is consumed. The original reason was that wall plug is behind the refrigerator and if we ever wanted to be able to plug in a toaster it was really difficult. It's nice to know that switching off that little red light is actually doing more good than just being convenient for me.