THE DINER METHOD - A Little WooWoo

 


Besides being a writer, most of you know I’m a little woowoo around the edges. Well, maybe a lot woowoo through and through. So, I’m going to share a little of my woowoo with you-oo-oo. ❤

The pandemic and the madness of so many people have made it hard for me to hold my balance and keep my heart open, so I’ve been working on that. I’ve been studying and taking some courses (MIndValley.com) that have really helped me to refocus. 

One of the Masterclasses was on Forgiveness. Here’s a very brief process that I found powerful in shifting my thinking from annoyance or anger to understanding/empathy. I wrote it up in the program community, and I’ll share it here with you:

THE DINER METHOD

In addition to the wonderful Forgiveness process Vishen shared in his Masterclass on Forgiveness this evening, later in the zoom call he mentioned The Diner Method.

The Story:

He told the story of going to dinner with a friend, and having a server who forgot his coffee for 20-minutes, then brought it to him cold. Then she forgot his guacamole. She was having a rough night.

When he paid the bill he left a $20 tip. His friend was shocked at the generous tip. "Why did you leave such a tip for such poor service?"

Vishen replied that she had given him stellar service. She kept coming back, trying and trying again. What helped to switch his thinking was The Diner Method which he based on Neale Donald Walsch's course, "Awaken the Species" in MindValley.

The Practice:

The practice is to recognize and function from the fact that we are all connected - All ONE. So the practice is to say to yourself, for example, when the coffee was forgotten: "Oh, there I go again, forgetting the coffee." Or bringing it cold: "There I go again, bringing the cold coffee." 

This method helps us to identify our self as other. It creates a deep empathy and understanding of the other. Neale says, "Oh, there I go being human again." This really works, but I LOVE Vishen's specific way of saying this. It makes it more personal and easy to empathize with our Oneness/Sameness.

Walk-in Healing:

And the other thing he mentioned from Neale was the practice of whenever we enter a room, enter with the intention of it being healing. For example, when we walk into a work, we walk in with the thought of bringing healing into the room. What a wonderful way to shift our thinking about work or any environment.

"Your life is not about you, but about everyone whose life you touch and how you touch it."  --Neale Donald Walsch


Comments